List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [OT] libical (Was: Re: Korganizer and timezones (again))
From:       Shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2003-12-01 21:30:08

In my opinion, libical is not *that* badly broken as long as one thinks of it
more as a lexer than a parser. As an example, if you look at the recent patch
for timezones at

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=107031047922764&w=2

you'll see that its quite easy to build the various structure parsers needed.
Of course there are what seem to be bugs and soem dubious design choices (see
the comment for the compareDateTime() routine in the above patch), but
nothing that seems that hard to fix.

It does however need a good rationalisation and cleaning up. (Caveat, I
haven't actually worked out how the generated routines work, but they seem
to!). That said, I think it would not be that hard to start from the low
level routines in libical, and build a perfectly usable, clean object model
above them.

Thanks, Shaheed