List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [OT] libical (Was: Re: Korganizer and timezones (again))
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-12-01 19:45:42

On Monday 01 December 2003 5:29 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:

Hi Tobias,

> Well why not? I mean there are a lot vCard/iCalendar libraries around
> this world (in Aethera TheKompany uses one lowlevel parser for both
> formats and one highlevel parser for vCard and one for iCal... also
> interesting approach... and GPL ;)).

Do you mean a low-level parser that does vCalendar and iCalendar?  Can you
post a link?

I'd like to see how they handle line folding and recurrence parsing.  I just
wrote a simple one of these in Python--these are two big areas where there is
a difference.

> I'm not sure why this guy starts to create yet another parser... maybe
> because the one written in C sucks ;)

Speaking from recent experience, a fresh start often seems like a good idea at
the beginning of a project.  The view is different towards the end ... ;)

Regards,

Mark