List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] libical (Was: Re: Korganizer and timezones (again))
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 9:55:59

On Friday 28 November 2003 09:53, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2003 09:12, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > After 3.2 we will switch to a newer libical version which is supposed
> > to have more complete timezone handling.
>
> Is libical nearing a point where we could use the system version? AFAIK,
> all distros now has it, so I guess the real question is if they are still
> changing the API in BIC ways?

They haven't released anything for ages. It's even not sure, that the library
is maintained at all. The original author doesn't maintain it anymore. There
is a successor, but there is not much activity as far as I can see.

> Just checked SuSE 9. That comes with a snapshot from january. Maybe we're
> not there yet.

Is the libical package which comes with SuSE 9 used by anybody? As far as I
know all the major users like KDE, Evolution and MozillaCalendar have their
own versions.