List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Tungsten T usb devfs
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-11-27 0:40:07

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Bleck wrote:
> When I press the hotsync button of the craddle, the devices (pilot, usb/tt/0,
> usb/tt/1, ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1) are  *always* created in /dev. The Palm Pilot
> icon always appears on the desktop. But I can never sync, except in very
> special, rare, unpredictable situations.

Is kpilot (or the kpilot daemon) bneing created by the USB-hotplug daemon?
It's not really meant to be used like that. You should start KPilot, and
then hit the hotsync button yourself.

> It seems that /dev/ttyUSB0 is the only device that works with this Palm, in

That's odd, since traditionally the pilot devices have created a device 0
for general use and a device 1 for hotsync use.

> How can I dynamically link /dev/pilot to /dev/usb/tt/0 instead of 1 ? It seems
> that kpilot tries to use /dev/pilot regardless of its settings ("Could not
> open device: /dev/pilot (will retry)").

Reverting to /dev/pilot is a known bug. You could configure your USB demon
to ln -s /dev/whatever /dev/pilot so that KPilot, which sits there trying
to open /dev/pilot, latches on to the right device. One additional prolem
might be that KPilot tries every second, and some pilots / OSses are
snippy about timing.

> Journal de HotSync

Comment? C'est la seule texte qui est traduite?

> (no sync at all, no action, until the Palm times out)

That's snippy timing.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE