List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Patch Bug libkcal + Outlook
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2003-11-26 7:39:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 19:05, Marc TAIEB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I have found a bug in libkcal :
> The function addIncidence in "calendarimap/ersourceimap.cpp" is missing
> the uid param that is pass by kmail via dcop.

Try searching for addIncidence in kmailicalifaceimpl.cpp. You will see
that this method is not used at all from KMail. And in resourceimap.cpp,
there is this:

    // Attach to the KMail signals
    if ( !connectKMailSignal( "incidenceAdded(QString,QString)",
                              "addIncidence(QString,QString)" ) ) {
      kdError() << "DCOP connection to incidenceAdded failed" << endl;
    }

As you can see, addIncidence is set up to be called when KMail emits the
dcop signal incidenceAdded(QString,QString). I hope you agree with me
that your patch is not correct.

Another reason would be that since I'm using the IMAP resource for my
calendar, and since this works, it can't be wrong :-)

> In kmail (imap mode) :
> When you create un Event, kmail receive the ical via dcop and then
> create a mail in the Calendar imap folder. I propose to put the summary
> of the ical in the subject field. Because, I don't know why, but
> Outlook display the subject of the mail header.

I think this is OK, but not before the freeze is over. I'll keep the patch
and apply it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Bo.