List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Confilcts causing slow Korganizer performance?
From:       Eugene <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2003-11-25 23:45:52

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 6:39 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 November 2003 00:24, Eugene wrote:
> > My programming skills are simple scripting and 'script kiddie' type
> > stuff.  I used to be a pro at 6502 assembly, but that doesn't go very
> > far in todays market :)
>
> Oh, 6502 assembler is a solid base for becoming a KDE developer. I also
> started like that and I'm sure we would find enough 6502 developers
> within KDE to create a club ;-)

Maybe we can put together a 6502 to C++ converter so we can all program in our
native language.  I understand programming and electronics and digital logic
at the very low level, started years ago with a binary slide rule ya know ;)
The higher level stuff, classes and things like that still confuse me.

> > I'm looking at getting a new phone, but any of the models I see in
> > the kandy list don't seem to available to me.  I see the terminal
> > function in Kandy and if there is a way to point it at a usb device
> > (map a usb device to /dev/ttyS2 or something) then I'll go in the
> > store and annoy the salesman until he lets me plug a couple in and
> > try sending some AT commands.
>
> I know next to nothing about USB, so I'm afraid I can't say anything
> useful here.

I see a couple phones on the web pages that are serial and usb.  Maybe I can
get one of those and see if it will talk to me serially then plug it in the
USB port and see what happens, might be nice to do it USB, could kick off a
hotplug script to start the synch, I did a hotplug to backup my korganizer
and kaddressbook data.