List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: running USB Handspring Visor on FreeBSD with KPilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-11-25 22:59:38

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 21:36, you wrote:
> After digging into KPilot code I've found that it checks device
> availability every 1000 ms, which is of course too seldom for freebsd.
> 50ms was too seldom again, but 10 ms worked for me well.

Hm, I didn't know the USB stack was so fiddly with timing - the 1 second
resolution seemed to work fine for me with an m500. If it's something that is
needed only for FreeBSD, then we might consider adding it to the PIM port. On
the other hand, checking every 10ms seems rather resource-intensive. PIM
folks, perhaps y'all know: is there a way to KDirWatch for files that don't
exist _yet_?

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?