List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] recurrences and DTSTART in libkcal
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-01 13:08:57

On Thursday 30 Oct 2003 7:36 pm, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Reading through the thread at
> http://www.softwarestudio.org/mail-archives/libical/0680.html
>
> I just noted that in libkcal we got the first event of a recurrence
> sequence wrong. According to RFC 2445 we need to include the DTSTART in any
> case, even if it doesn't match the recurrence rule. Examples when this
> might be of interest are given in the thread, e.g. "Lets meet this Monday
> to get things going and then every Wednesday weekly".
>
> Shouldn't we also include DTSTART in the sequence of recurrences to comply
> with rfc 2445?
>
> Currently, If you create an event on Mon, 27.Oct, recurring every
> wednesday, the event will not occur on Mon 27 Oct, but on Wed 29 Oct, which
> I find kind of confusing (see also bug report 54074).

I think that you are right. Because of the way that libkcal works just now,
some care will be needed to fix it - at the moment, the Recurrence class
start date/time is assumed to be the same as the Event start date/time, and
it will be important to ensure that all places where this assumption is made
are found and changed.

--
David Jarvie.