List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kaddressbook import of .vcf
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 23:38:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 04:10:41PM +0100, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> On Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 15:40, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Thorsten,

> Now I also can use the contact control center module again.
> What is the difference between ldap,  ldap_kio in kcm and the ldap
> config dialog in kaddressbook? Is the last one obsolete now?
The ldap and ldap_kio resources are for transparent access of contacts
for ldap servers, the ldap search dialog in kaddressbook is for
searching contacts on the ldap server and import them into the local
address book. The advantage of the resources is, that changes on the
server will be visible in kaddressbook without syncing the contacts
everytime.

The difference between ldap and ldap_kio is the used communication
level. ldap uses openldap directly and supports read/write, ldap_kio
uses the ldap kio_slave to talk with the server, supports only reading
but has asynchron loading.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!