List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilot sync problem with palm zire
From:       Derek Broughton <dbroughton () lincsat ! com>
Date:       2003-10-30 14:58:14

From: <cwp@gmx.de>

> I'm using Suse 9.0 as OS. So far, I was able to get the Palm communicate
> with kpilot.
> I want to make a full backup of the palm. It the protocoll always says that
> it starts. Then
> I can see, that more or less 3 palm softwares are backuped, when it comes to
> me
> addresses ( containing about 250 addresses ), the kpilot quits.
>
> Is this a common problem? Is there a trick I can do? Maybe make backups of
> the
> databases under Windows with the Palm OS and copy the databases to Linux and
>
> import them into kpilot?
>
> I hope for help. The PDA Sync is the last thing that is missing for me for
> being happy
> with Linux. :-)

Which Zire is it? I bought my wife a new Zire 21 and it had some problems with
kPilot, too.  As I was trying to get her set up asap I just loaded the Palm
Desktop software in Windows.  Now that I've bought her a Windows laptop of her
own, she'll probably never use kPilot, but I'll give it a try tonight, anyway.