List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Sony Clie PEG-SL10/U
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-10-29 11:09:02

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 02:31, Matej Cepl wrote:
> However, in order to make pilot-xfer work, I have to run in the
> one peculiar moment, which I have not found any algorithm for
> finding of :-). So, it usually takes five to ten attempts before
> I am able to backup.

Hm. Pilot-link 0.11.8 is supposed to hang around magically and wait for the
device to show up. It might need a command-line flag to enable that, though.
But it's not important, because ...

Timing is everything. In particular, you need to run pilot-xfer at just the
right moment after the button is pushed. KPilot "solves" this by checking the
port regularly (perhaps every second, I'm not sure how often).

> state of the connection between Sony and computer, I am afraid,
> that it is totally hopeless.

KPilot finds the "right moment" automagically. Usually, at least. It works for
m50x series devices.

>    Any comments, thoughts, advice, encouragement?

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! Just try it (in backup mode, say) and
see what happens.