List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kontakt
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-19 20:49:46

Hi Florian,

On Saturday 18 October 2003 18:44, Florian Becker wrote:

> i have looked a long time that KDE become better and better. Now, i
> think, it's time, that i'll give back what i got the last years.

That's nice to hear :-)

> I now developed with qt about 2 years. And want to help the KDE team.
> I'm 22 and live in Germany near to munich at the moment. Other
> languages i can help are html and php. But i want to learn and get
> better in qt, so that will my favorit language.

For getting more experience with Qt KDE is definitely the right project.

> Maybe you got some projekts for me, that i can do for the KDE
> Projekt. Very special interests are the multimedia and pim package,
> hope you got something for me. That means not, i only want develop to
> these packages.

There is lots to do, especially around Kontact. Some nice more or less
self-contained projects for KOrganizer would be a rewrite of the
holiday plugin, a journal editor or an improved journal view. If you
would be interested in taking over one of these small projects, please
contact me. Shouldn't be too much work (at least initially ;-) and lots
of fun.

But now as we approaching the next release bug fixes become more and
more important. Maybe you would like to have a look at
http://bugs.kde.org and see if you find something you would like to fix
or you fix something which personally annoys you.

Cheers,
Cornelius