List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Store Data on PC
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-09-25 20:09:24

Hi Christian,

On Thursday 25 September 2003 14:14, Christian Feichter wrote:
> I'm developing a conduit for YAPS (Yet Another Password Safe).

I'm going to assume you mean a conduit for KPilot, since you mention it
explicitly below. Have you looked at Reinhold's conduit howto in kpilot's
documentation dir?

> My current problem is to find a way to store the "YapsDB" from the HH on
> the PC. (First step without synchronizing with HHDB and BackupDB !!!)

Create a PilotSerialDatabase and a PilotLocalDatabase (better yet, call
openDatabases()), so you have a place to read from on the HH and a DB to
write to on the PC. Read records with getNextRecord() and write them to the
local database. Voila! That gets your backup done in one go.

Writing out something else is simple - just read the records and write out
something else instead of the local database :)

Remember to keep the UI responsive. A QTimer::singleShot(0,...) will help.

> What's the default path where the "AddressDB" is stored on the PC?(Not
> the location of Backup /root/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Username/)

The PC-side addressbook database is where Tobias said .. there's no real match
with the Pilot's addressdb.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?