List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] A few suggestions I come come up with.
From:       "Eugene Nine" <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2003-09-17 16:50:52

From: Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org>
Date:  Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:07:10 +0200

> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 18:58, Eugene Nine wrote:
> > Ok, maybe remove wasn't quite the right idea here, maybe have an option
> > somewhere in preferences somehwere to haide that menu.  I just have this
> > fear that I will hit it by mistake and delete years of tasks and have to go
> > hunt down a backup.
>
> There is a confirmation dialog, so this can't happen. No need to remove the
> menu entry.
>
> --
> Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org>

Thats good, I won't worry about it then.  Thats why I wanted to post to the list \
first before filling out requests.  Just because I'm full of ideas (or something else \
as I'm often told :))  doesn't mean they are good ones.

Something else I have thought of, how extendable is the icalendar format?  Something \
I had done in Outlook was to create an additional page on all the forms for more \
tracking information.  Some compainies really kill people with paperwork so I would \
use my calendar entries to keep track of things.  For example when I went to a client \
site, I would use the catagories to mark the trip as billable or non billable, etc.  \
Then I had a seperate field where I kept track of the p.o. number is was billed to.  \
I could view my calendar in a different format and be able to quickly see the \
catagories and filled in p.o. numbers and such.  This example isn't real good as you \
could easily say, just use the p.o. number in the catagory field as billable and a \
blank catagory as nonbillable, but I had a lot more catagories than what were in my \
example here.  So basically what I'm saying is there any support of user defined \
fields in the ical/vcal standards and could this be implemented easily?

Sent via the HostPortal WebMail system at ninefamily.com