List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] libkcal and KArm
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-09-10 13:04:17

In order for 3.2 KArm to work properly, the infiinite loop when deleting and
todo / event must be fixed.  I am willing to help, but I'm not sure how to
fix it.  The best solution I could come up with was to decouple things and
have an ical object signal that it was being deleted and have all interested
parties react accordingly (I'm assuming signals and slots would work for
this).

The other major libkcal issue is data loss when a user opens the same ics file
with KOrganizer and KArm.  File locking would be the simplest solution.
Allowing multiple apps to open the same ics file at the same time is more
user friendly.  The first solution is in the 3.2 feature plan and IIRC so is
the second.

Please keep me posted when either/both of these libkcal features are put into
place so I can update KArm to use them.

Regards,

Mark