List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Suggestion: Note-taking KIOslave?
From:       Lenar <info () lenartech ! com>
Date:       2003-08-31 2:21:18

Michael Brade wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>I am not a programmer, however, for a while now, I have been pondering an
>>idea. I think that it would be a good idea to create a note taking KIOslave
>>for Konqueror.
>>

>Hmm, I think you just don't know about kdepim. We have an app called KNotes
>and an app called kjots, both of them take notes. I don't really see any
>connection to an io-slave...
>
>The rest of the features you are missing, like encryption and a tree structure
>are on my todo.
>
>If I'm not missing anything then this is off-topic on this list, please use
>kde-pim@kde.org.
>
>Cheers,

Hi Michael,

Frankly, Kjots or KNotes can't hold a candle to Mybase, or come close.
Please have a look at the Webcollecter plugin for Mybase
(http://www.wjjsoft.com). It offers a unique way of archiving webpages
or webpage elements along with notes. It depends on Internet Explorer. I
figured that KDE's version could rely on the Kongueror.

Again, please have a look at Mybase (http://www.wjjsoft.com). It is an
excellent piece of software. I am longing for something as good as this
for the KDE platform.

Thanks,
Raphael

--