List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: How do I HotSync my Sony Clie NX70 on a Linux system
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-20 5:42:17

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 19:32, SOUL-Tewagi Information Network wrote:
> Does anyone know how to HotSync a Sony Clie NX70 on a Linux (SuSE Pro 8.2)
> system?

Please send this kind of question to the kde-pim list and not to me
personally. You have a better chance of getting a quick answer then.

> KPilot, which is the software supplied with the operating system does not
> seem to recognise the Clie.  Unfortunately the mighty Sony Corporation do
> not recognise Linux.  Does any one have an answer?

You will need to modprobe for the visor module at the very least. You may need
to update the driver, or even hack it to get it to recognize your specific
device. See the list archives at lists.kde.org for more details.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE