List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Compiling KDE CVS HEAD
From:       Emmett Pate <emmett () epate ! com>
Date:       2003-08-10 16:51:58

On Saturday 09 August 2003 06:12 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 05:53:00PM -0400, Emmett Pate wrote:
> Hi Emmett,
>
> > I'm attempting to compile KDE from CVS (HEAD) mainly to get the latest
> > kpilot. Arts and kdelib compile fine but I've been getting the following
> > failure when compiling kdepim.  I've used qt 3.1.2 and 3.2.0 - no
> > difference.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > /bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++
<snip...>
> > .libs/summarywidget.o(.text+0x35d): undefined reference to `KRES::
> > ManagerImpl::resourceList()'
>
> I don't know why, but it seems the plugin isn't linked against libkcal
> and libkderesources...
> You are sure the build system of kdepim has found the right version of
> kdelibs?
>
> Ciao,
> Tobias

Thanks Tobias.  Although I already had "/usr/local/kde/lib" in
/etc/ld.so.conf, I noticed that there were some libraries being installed in
/usr/local/kde/lib/kde3.  I added that directory to ld.so.conf and kdepim
compiled to the end.

I've always compiled KDE from source (just now starting to grab it from CVS)
and I've never had that directory in the search path.  I that a CVS
requirement?

Thanks for the tip...

Emmett

--