List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KAddressbook and SMS
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-25 22:09:05

On Friday 25 July 2003 02:46, Mirko Leschikar wrote:
> Oh yes, I've seen it, because I use Kopete everyday. But smssend is a
> program which sends SMS via internet sites, isn't it?

Yes, that's why I don't use the plugin myself. If you can make it support my
Siemens S55 natively through, say, gnokii or whatever supports my phone, feel
free to add it -- it would be more than welcome :)

> I'm working on the ISDN call/fax/dialup app kisdnmon, which comes
> with a server and a KDE client. We wanted to integrate SMS sending via
> "yaps", and thats why we were thinking about also using kaddressbook for
> this.

Hmm, having this in Kopete's SMS plugin isn't a bad idea either... Could you
file a wishlist item with all info that you have? Hopefully Richard or Gav
are able to implement it or help you do it.

--
Martijn