Hi Colm, On Thursday 24 July 2003 18:07, Colm Smyth wrote: > > KDE-PIM is one of the better known (and higher quality) groupware > client suites so I wanted to offer *greetings* from everyone > here at Glow, and to open the door for some discussions about > how our two projects could collaborate! It's good to see other groupware open source projects developing. That's an area where we are still lacking some solutions compared to proprietary systems. We are definitely interested in productive collaboration. > I would like to welcome you to drop by our site to > see where we are going; maybe we can brain-storm > here on e-mail about some ways that our projects > could co-operate? Group calendaring might be the top priority item here, because this isn't as well standardized as for example the email parts. You mention a WCAP server on your site. Which server is that? Is there an open-source implementation of this protocol? Which other protocols are you considering to support? I think the lack of an open-source calendar server has hindered client development in the past. It would be really nice, if there would be some kind of standard for that which is accepted and implemented by different clients. Two candidates would be Kolab and OpenGroupware, another one would be a CAP based server, although I'm not aware of any working open-source server implementation of this protocol. Another area where cooperation and interoperability testing might be very useful is peer-to-peer group scheduling with iMIP. Are you planning to support that? I didn't find anything about contact management on your website. What are you planning to support in this area? I suspect LDAP would be the natural solution. Here we might want to discuss interoperability of LDAP schemes. > Again, best wishes from everyone here on the Glow > project and I wish you all well with your ongoing > development! Thanks and my best wishes to you as well :-) Regards, Cornelius -- Cornelius Schumacher _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim kde-pim home page at http://pim.kde.org/