List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] network sync
From:       Mathias =?iso-8859-1?q?Fr=F6hlich?= <Mathias.Froehlich () web ! de>
Date:       2003-07-23 11:14:34

Do you know unison?
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Not for use in kde. But for use with kde.
I use unison for 2 years for syncronizing my KDE addressbook, calendar,
mailfolder< and parts of my home directory from my university account to my
home computer.
I have to stop kaddressbook, korganizer and kmail for syncronisation but with
this kioslave approach this is not better.
Unison uses the rsync algorythm and also worked well with my old isdn
connection.
Donwside: It is written in objective ??? (not C), I don't remember anymore.
But I for myself have not heard about this language before. And If you want
to build your own unison binary you have to make a compiler first ...
And even worse it is GPL'ed code not usable for integration in, say KDE.
The static gui-less binaries work well on solaris and linux. Hav not tried
others.

Just for those people around there who want to sync and don't need wizzards to
edit a text configuration file. ;-)

On Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 00:00, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 21:54, Martin Konold wrote:
> > I am wondering if either kpilot or kitchensync plans to integrate the
> > possibility of network sync.
>
> I'm working on a Konnector for KitchenSync which allows to sync with
> every iCalendar/vCard file you can reach via kioslaves.

     Greetings

        Mathias Fröhlich

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: Mathias.Froehlich@web.de