List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Where to put a new ioslave
From:       Mathias =?utf-8?q?Fr=C3=B6hlich?= <Mathias.Froehlich () web ! de>
Date:       2003-07-23 10:33:13

Hi,

I have done some work on OBEX access to mobile devices and want to contribute
this code to KDE.
What is mostly ready now is a kioslave which is able to browse my siemens
mobile phone's flexible memory. But the backend library will also be used in
an IrMC sync konnector for kitchensync.

First question: Were is the right place for this code?
- kioslave to kdepim/kioslaves/obex
- libqobex to kdepim/libqobex ??

Note that libqobex has no dependencies to kde and I think the same code can
also go to opie where it should not be named libkobex ...

I Have also some problems with the url's used for this ioslave. At the moment
I have coded the connection parameters seperated by '!' in the host part of
th url. That means

obex://transport=serial!device=ttyS0/Bitmaps

Is a valid url for the obex ioslave.
But in the current cvs hostnames are not case sensitive anymore, so this will
fail. Anyway am not shure this is a good idea. Do you have some
recommendations for connection parameters in url's?
The problem is that obex can handle connections to ip hosts and it can also
handle connections over serial cable, IrDA and Bluetooth.

    Greetings

       Mathias Fröhlich

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: Mathias.Froehlich@web.de