List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KAddressbook and Palm III - Missing fields
From:       Adam Glass <adam () metrolink ! com>
Date:       2003-07-08 14:22:26

Hello,

I am switching over to KDE applications for PIM.  Things are generally
working perfectly (Red Hat 9), and the apps look great!

My Palm III synchronized correctly with KPilot and all the fields
are visible there.  However, several fields seem to be missing
from KAddressbook.  The missing fields are:

- Main
- Other
- Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, Custom4

Since I use these fields extensively it is really important to see
these fields.  Is there any way to add them, or map them to fields
that are in KAddressbook but are not in my Palm III, like anniversary,
assistant's name, etc?

Help->About says:  KAddressBook 3.1 (Using KDE 3.1-11 Red Hat)

In case an upgrade is needed, please excuse this dumb question:
Does one need to upgrade all of KDE, or are there packages for
separate components?  The KAddressbook web page doesn't seem to
have a download link, though the main KDE page does.

Thank you!
                                                       --Adam
--
Adam Glass                       Metro Link, Inc.
adam@metrolink.com               http://www.metrolink.com