List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] korganizer-part no resources? (and some more...)
From:       Guenter Schwann <schwann () icg ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2003-06-09 7:41:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 June 2003 01:31, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I'm saw, that kontact is doing good progress, but there is a problem
> > with kontact and korganizer. Korganizer when loaded as KPart is never
> > using the resource framework :-(
> > Any idea how to change this? Always using the resources is not valid
> > option as the "normal" kpart has to be able to show an ical-file. But
> > I don't know _how_ korganizer kpart is loading a file...
>
> Maybe the Kontact plugin for KOrganizer should set, that the resources
> should be used after creating the KOrganizer KPart.

But I have no idea about the plugin<->part communication? Is this done via
dcop?
BTW: where can I extend korganizer's dcop interface?

> > Two comments on the kontact sidebar:
> > I'd vote for removing the current selected item in the list of
> > "modules". The item now is displayed anyway at the top (adding the
> > icon there would be nice...). And screenspace is getting reduces :-(
>
> By removing the current item, the other items would be moved. Moving
> around control elements on the screen is a bad idea.

But it's wasting a lot of sceenspace :-(
But ok - the sidebar is under heavy construction...

> Another thing I would love to see in the KMail part is something like
> the three-column layout as used in the newest Outlook version. One
> column with the folders, one column with the list of mails in the
> selected folder in a compacted version with uses less horizontal space
> and the mail content as third column. This would reflect the area
> requirements of the different widgets much better than the current
> layout, I think.

This would be cool. But I doubt that the kmail hackers have time for this
before 3.2...

> > And back to resources and loading - sessionmanagement is brocken
> > since 3.1, but now it's _really_ broken. Using resources,
> > sessionmanagement is not a considered case yet :-(
>
> If session management wouldn't be so annoying to test...

It's better that I do not comment any more on sessionmanagement, or I get
outraged...

ciao
--
Guenter Schwann
Graz University of Technology - Computer Graphics and Vision