List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KMail and IMAP-Trash-folder
From:       Markus Meissner <mm452356 () meissner ! IT>
Date:       2003-06-08 8:35:53

Hi list,

I have a strange behaviour which I can't explain: I have had a Trash-folder on
my IMAP server with ~ 10000 mails in it. I move (Move to trash) about 100
mails per day into that folder. In the last days I have noticed that the
number of mails in it were mostly under 10000, say 9950 at the begin of my
day and over 10000 at the end. On the next day it was again under 10000.
Today there are only 1000 mails in it. This leads to the conclusion that
something autocleans my trash-folder.

As before using KMail this never happens, I think that it is KMail who does
it, but the question is: How, when and why? Its a nice feature (I wanted to
install archivemail later), but I don't like a programm remove my mails
without knowing why... Any hints?

My system:
Debian woody stabe/testing/unstable with kde 3.1.2
KMail 1.5.2
courier-imap-1.3.12-1.7.2 on redhat 7.3

--
Beste Gruesse / Best regards Markus Meissner