List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot Developer's notes for May 30th, 2003
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-05-30 23:17:56

KPilot Developer's notes for May 30th, 2003

2003-5-30  Adriaan de Groot
* Spent this week at conferences (Mira at 8 weeks was the
  youngest attendee of the EEF School on Formal Methods,
  though I doubt she'll remember how to do protocol
  verification in PVS).

2003-5-19  Reinhold Kainhofer
* This weekend I wrote this new conduit for KPilot, called
  sysinfoconduit. It writes all important Palm system information
  to a text or html file. For an example, see
  http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/Linux/KPilot/KPilotSysInfo.html.
  The output is completely customizable via templates. Currently,
  txt and html templates are available, but the user can provide
  his/her own template in the conduit configuration dialog. The
  current html template uses css for the markup, and passes the
  w3c html validator without warnings.
  Hopefully, the debug output section will help us kpilot developers
  track down problems easier (the users can send us the output of
  this conduit, and we can let it write out all important stuff we
  need/want to see).

2003-5-11  Adriaan de Groot
* kpilotDCOP.h Changed enum values so that you can distinguish
  between call failed and normal operation.
* conduitConfigDialog.cc When closing config dialog, release last
  selected conduit.

2003-5-9  Adriaan de Groot
* Fixed up some config issues in the NULL conduit.
* Added conduitName() to conduit config things and their actions,
  to provide a user-readable name for the conduit.

2003-5-5  Adriaan de Groot
* plugin.{h,cc} Added a maybeSave() function for the new conduit config
  style. Removed some unused variables.
* conduitConfigDialog.{h,cc} Using maybeSave() to save or cancel selection
  changes.

2003-5-3  Adriaan de Groot
* Spent lots of time panicing my system and causing fatal exceptions
  on my Pilot by playing with pilot-link 0.11.7 and FreeBSD's USB
  stack.
* kpilotlink.cc Suppress printing the "accidentally in acceptDevice"
  more than once. Try to escape from the infinite socketnotifier loop.

2003-5-2  Adriaan de Groot
* Aiming for bi-weekly notes this month again.
* Looks like I reverted the PRETTY_FUNCTION printing.
* I'm working from an everything-HEAD-except vcal and abbrowser
  checkout, because the new resources framework breaks everything.
* Next KPilot tarballs will be 4.4.0 (HEAD) release.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE