List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Status of synchronizing with multiple computers?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-05-30 21:11:36

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 13:21, Reiner Nix wrote:
> Can I synchronize my Palm with KPilot againt two different computers?
> Is there any situation causing harmfull data loss or is it working without
> any regards out of the box? Are there release issues?

Doing this means - according to the definitions in the Palm Programming Book -
that every sync needs to be a full sync, where every record is examined both
on the PC and on the Pilot for changes (since you can't count on the
"modified record" flag to be truthfully set). Full sync _propbably_ works,
but I don't think it's been tested recently. Note that non-conduit databases
(ie. those databases for which no conduit is active, which is most of them)
don't get synced right now _anyway_, which may be an issue for you.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE