List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: How to make KAddressBook and LDAP work?
From:       Arun Dharankar <ADharankar () ATTBI ! Com>
Date:       2003-05-29 13:08:17

Hello Tobias,

Thanks for your very helpful replies! (on of them is
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=105417109706257&w=2)

As you pointed out, I made the change in the way the Base
DN was with the correct syntax. And things seem much
better in that the LDAP server returns the query I make
using the magnify icon in KAddressBook - that is I can
see it using tcpdump/ethereal.

However, the "Search for Addresses in Directory" will not
print the response. There is no search output displayed
even if I click "stop", or even if I unselect the "recursive
search" check box.

Best regards,
-Arun.

The tethereal dump extract for the only one message back
from the LDAP server is as below:

Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
    Message: Id=1  Search Entry
        Message Length: 271
        Distinguished Name: CN=FirstName
LastName,OU=TheCity,DC=winphoria,DC=com  Attribute: cn
            Value: FirstName LastName
        Attribute: description
            Value: GroupName
        Attribute: mail