List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim]  Way to easily move an event summary from one day to
From:       Guenter Schwann <schwann () icg ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2003-05-27 6:00:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 02:38, Carlos C. Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Is there a way to easily move an event summary from being under one day
> to another day in the same month?  Other than highlighting the summary,
> right-clicking on the mouse, selecting "Edit", changing the date for the
> event, and then pressing Ok?
>
> Something like highlighting the summary and using drag and drop to move
> it to a new day? ::)

Ups - D'n'D seems to be broken with the "new" monthview. This is a real bug
I'd say. please move over to bugs.kde.org so we have this bug/wish stored.

> Currently it's an absolute pain to move event summaries around.  I often
> do not complete events and then want to move them around to different
> days.

I have to admit, that I do only use the agenda-view myself (next 4 days,
weekview).
Monthview really seems to need some work :-(

> I don't want to make these events to-do items since I want an alarm to
> remind me to act on the events I have scheduled on particular days.

You can set alarms for todos too. You just have to set a "due date/time" to
make ist work.

> Is drag and drop something that would be very difficult to add to the
> source if I dabbled into adding this functionality myself?  It's been a
> long time since I dabbled into C programming but if it's not too
> difficultl I might be willing to tackle it.

Oh - some help would be awesome.

> Any insight on any of this would be appreciated.

For day-/week-view D'n'D is already working. So you could have a look at
"koagendaview.cpp, koagendaview.h" to see how it works (and also in
kotodoview.cpp, kotodoview.h).
The files you would have to work on are "komonthview.cpp, komonthview.h"
(if I'm not completely wrong).

ciao
--
Guenter Schwann
Graz University of Technology - Computer Graphics and Vision