List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Usability help needed for KPilot
From:       David Bishop <tech () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2003-04-17 20:12:27

> > I never remember.  Am I supposed to enter from stage left, or stage
> > right? And is this our can-can number, or does that come later?
>
> I forget as well, but I do know this pink tutu is yours.

No, no, no!  The pink one's yours, mine is the bright orange.  Man, I don't
understand why you keep trying to foist that thing on me.  You're the one
that said it would match your shoes!

<snip>
> Aha. An alternating color scheme might help, but not much. Maybe we should
> put a little effort into short effective comments for each of the conduits
> - or ditch the comments entirely. Displaying the comments on one line gives
> a really wide dialog or chops off the text in such a manner that you can't
> read it at all.

I do like the alternating thingy (aka kmail's list view).  Make's it look
'fessional.

> Part of the question here is whether we want/need a description for the
> user of what a conduit does. I think we need one. In the current (BRANCH)
> version you need to mouseover the conduit and hover there to get a tooltip
> containing the description. That doesn't work very well _either_.

Yes, description is needed.  Specifically, something saying how the KNotes
conduit synces your memos would be very helpful, as that is *not* obvious.

> > Looking at the screenshot and the explanation of the null conduit, I
> Anyway, I've updated the screenie
> (http://www.cs.kun.nl/~adridg/snapshot10.png) with a new attempt. There are
> two rows of buttons. Please imagine only one of the two -- the top row when
> the widget is being used inside a tab widget or the like, and the bottom
> row for use in dialogs.

Me likie. (and moving into 'scary' territory) You got purty lips...

--
MuMlutlitithtrhreeaadededd s siigngnatatuurere
D.A.Bishop