List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Usability help needed for KPilot
From:       David Bishop <tech () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2003-04-17 13:50:59

On Thursday 17 April 2003 06:45 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2003 23:10, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> >  (b) shuffle them around till they look sensible. I'd prefer (b), since
> > double-click isn't really that intuitive. But then, where should those
> > darn buttons go?
>
> I tried to align them below the list:
> http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/Linux/KPilot/pictures/ConduitSetup1.png
>
> I think if we find a way to enable the separator above the standard buttons
> (e.g. by introduing another bool parameter to the IUDialog constructor,
> which is passed to KDialogBase), it might look and feel all right.

Does anyone see that buttons 'enable/disable all' being used often enough to
justify that much space?  Am I wrong in thinking that people just pick and
choose which conduits they'll actually use, rather than just blindly saying
"Gimme all of 'em", and then turning around and saying "Nevermind, don't want
any".  I guess I just don't see the purpose for dedicating that much screen
real estate to something that will be so rarely used.

All IMNSHOABTWFU, of course :-)

--
MuMlutlitithtrhreeaadededd s siigngnatatuurere
D.A.Bishop