List:       kde-pim
Subject:    RE: [Kde-pim] Re: Exchange support for KMail?
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-17 6:41:41

> IMO WebDav support for KMail / Kontact should be implemented
> if it would be as easy as it seems to me
Go ahead. The code in kdepim/libkpimexchange/core is geared towards
the Exchange Calendar, but there is also some stuff (like the \
ExchangeAccount class)  that is relevant to all Exchange folders. If you \
add code to this lib, please retain the ExchangeClient class as the \
interface class for outside use.

Take care of the following:
- Getting the mailbox address is tricky. There is code in ExchangeAccount \
                to handle this, though it's not perfect.
- If your exchange server uses secure http, or webdavs in KDE-speak, this \
                needs to be addressed. ExchangeAccount gives you the \
                correct mailbox URL.
- The "Calendar" folder name is internationalised. In French versions, it's \
named "Calendrier" , for instance. I guess the same is true for folders \
like "Inbox", "Sent Items", etc. There's code in ExchangeAccount (again) to \
get the proper URL of the Calendar, getting the Inbox URL should be \
                similar.
- Emails may be different, but appointment are not stored completely in the \
.EML files. You need to look at the webdav properties of each file, too.

Cheers

Jan-Pascal