List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Timezones (Was: Exchange plugin date mistmatch??? )
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-02 9:31:59

Hi Umesh,

Thanks for checking this out for me and for responding
so quickly.

> I had KDE time zone to be EST, Exchange Server in EST
> while KOrganizer time zone was not set. I did not know that I
> have to set it
> and assumed that KOrganizer will default to KDE time zone.

I think everybody will assume that, but it seems the time zone
is set to UTC by default (in koprefs.cpp line 82:
	addItemString("Time Zone",&mTimeZone,"+0000");
and in line 192:
	mTimeZone = "+0000";
and then line lines 210-223,
	void KOPrefs::setTimeZoneIdDefault()
the time zone is read from /etc/localtime. The KControl
clock modules in kdebase/kcontrol/clock seems
to read and write the timezone from /etc/localtime, so
in theory it should work. Could you check where /etc/localtime
points to (it's a symbolic link)?

Cornelius, do you have a better idea what's going on? Why doesn't
KOrganizer set the time zone correctly, at least sometimes?

I wiped my .kde directory, and both KControl and KOrganizer got my
time zone OK from /etc/localtime. So I can't reproduce you problem
here.

By the way, Umesh, are you using Linux or some other OS? Which
distribution?

Cheers

Jan-Pascal