List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Moving address handling from kmailcvt to kaddressbook
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-26 16:10:58

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 15:14, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 01:30:01AM +0100, Ingo Kl?cker wrote:
>
> > Burying the import filter code deep in KAddressBook's code is definitely
> > the wrong solution.
>
> My only problem with the 'extern program uses xxport plugins + libkabc'
> is, that I can't provide a redo/undo functionality, since kaddressbook
> is not included into the import process.

That's a general problem with changes by external applications. For example
how do you handle the case where an email address gets added to the address
book by KMail, or the address book gets synced by KPilot? Does this get
inserted in the undo stack as one action, is the undo stack cleared or does
it just get ignored?