On Saturday 15 February 2003 20:05, Tobias Koenig wrote: > On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 07:04:15PM +0100, Benjamin Adler wrote: > > Hi! > > Hi Benjamin, > > > Is it possible to create a 'virtual' addressbook that is always > > automatically filled with the contacts from an ldap-server? > > Yes, see below > > > Does kab handle multiple address-books at all? I couldn't find any info > > on that. > > You can create a new addressbook (or resource, like we call it) in > KControl under > KDE Components -> Address Book > Here you can add a new LDAP resource and configure its settings, like > servername, port, username, password and also the attributes, the server > supports. > After creating the resource you should restart kaddressbook and all > entries should appear. When I click on Add in the address-book component in kcontrol, all I get is either 'file' or 'dir'. If I choose one, in 'resource settings', there's 'vcard', 'binary' and 'kde cvs accounts', but no ldap. (If you want, I'll create a screenshot) I already recompiled kdebase and kdepim, just to make sure i have ldap support compiled in. kinfocenter says that the ldap-ioslave is installed and as said, i can do ldap-lookups in the address-book. Also, if there really was an ldap-choice in the kcontrol->kab department, why is there another way to add an ldap-server in the address-book? I don't quite understand that. I use gentoo. Is it possible the ebuild decided to NOT install some parts of kde that are needed for this kind of ldap-support? How could I check that? thanks, ben adler _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim kde-pim home page at http://pim.kde.org/