List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Move KOrganizer to new resource framework
From:       Steffen Hansen <hansen () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-14 0:44:31

* Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> [Jan 12. 2003 23:57]:
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 04:11, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> >
> > I've commited the first sort-of-working code to the IMAP calendar
> > resource.
>
> Great. Does that mean we can remove the files
> libkcal/calendarimap.{h,cpp}?

Done

> > Cornelius: Is there a better way to load/save a single incidence than
> > by using ICalFormat::parseScheduleMessage() and
> > ICalFormat::createScheduleMessage() ?
>
> There are some fromString/toString functions in ICalFormat. Are they not
> sufficient? If there is need for more, we can just add them.

The problem is that bool ICalFormat::fromString( Calendar *, const
QString &); doesn't give me a pointer to the newly created Incidence. I
need this to register it properly with the IMAP resource (I need to add
the imap resource as an Observer).

What I would need is something like

Incidence* fromString( const QString& str );

that just parses a string containing a single incidence.

wkr.
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen@kde.org, steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen@hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk