List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Move KOrganizer to new resource framework
From:       Steffen Hansen <hansen () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-12 3:11:29

* Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> [Jan 11. 2003 04:14]:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 23:31, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > This is a warning. Later this day I will commit the changes moving
> > KOrganizer to the new resource framework. This means that KOrganizer
> > will probably be broken for a short time. I will inform you when it's
> > working again.
>
> The move is done. The behaviour of KOrganizer has changed a bit. It will
> not load anymore the active calendar. Instead you have to configure the
> calendars which should be loaded in the calendar kcontrol module
> (kcmshell kcalendars), at least for now. Saving will be done
> automatically.

I've commited the first sort-of-working code to the IMAP calendar
resource. Here is how to test:

Run kcmshell kcalendars and set up an imap calendar
Start KMail and configure a set of groupware folders (the wizard should
 help you doing this) [1]
Start korganizer and watch appointments and todos being loaded and saved
from/to the folders in KMail[2] :)

[1] You have to start KMail manually for now. This will be changed
later.

[2] Because KOrganizer is still missing some kroupware code, you _have_
to put in at least yourself as attendee to an appointment of a todo, or
else libkcal refuses to load the event/todo again.

Cornelius: Is there a better way to load/save a single incidence than by
using ICalFormat::parseScheduleMessage() and
ICalFormat::createScheduleMessage() ?

wkr.
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen@kde.org, steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen@hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk