List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] RE: merge ResourceManager and ResourceManagerImpl?
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-06 13:14:41

(cc: to kde-pim)

Hi Tobias,

[ResourceManager and ResourceManagerImpl]
> is there a special reason for the splitting of these two classes?

Yes: ResourceManager is a template. That means that it consists of
_only_ a .h file, which gets compiled for every instance. Merging
ResourceManagerImpl would mean moving all the functionality to a
published .h file. This while I think resourcemanager.h is too big
as it is already. Remember that this .h file is _compiled in_ with every
.cpp file that #includes <resourcemanager.h>!

> I'd like to merge them into one and rename it to ResourceManager.
> Any objections?

Yes, unless there is a good reason to merge them of course...

Cheers

Jan-Pascal