List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kaplan <-> Kontact
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-28 14:28:27

On Saturday 28 December 2002 21:59, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit confused about the current Kaplan/Kontact situation.
> Will we merge Kaplan and Kontact in Osnarbrueck to _one_
> application in CVS HEAD or will the exist side by side the next
> month?
>
> What of the following stuff is planned to get implemented over this
> weekend?

This is a good question.

> 1) merging Kaplan with Kontact

Code wise this is easy, Kontact is just Kaplan renamed.
Let me discuss this more tomorrow after I get some sleep.

> 2) merging KMail with KMailCool to work with Kontact

I've made a trial merge already.

> 3) merging the kolab stuff with 1) and 2)
> 4) porting KOrganizer/libkabc to Jan-Pascal's resource framework

IPC between the Kontact/Kaplan parts could do with some discussion,
this is being discussed in kdepim/kaplan/Thoughts.

Currently in kdepim cvs if you select mails in KAddressBook and click
on the mail icon then nothing happens. This is fixed in kontact.org,
I'll post a diff for.

Don.