List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] \n in Todo summaries hangs korganizer
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-26 23:48:41

On Thursday 12 December 2002 14:46, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Are linefeeds allowed in the summary tags of VTODOs and VEVENTs? I
> just found that a \n in the summary of a VEVENT is really shown as
> newline in korganizer's dayview, but in the edit dialogbox it appears
> like a space character. (I don't have a problem with this behavior).

RFC2445 says that SUMMARY is a short one line description, so I would
think that line breaks aren't allowed, although the formal definition
of the SUMMARY tag doesn't say so.

> However, if a VTODO has a \n in its SUMMARY tag, korganizer just
> hangs (doesn't respond, but doesn't really crash either. It just
> consumes >90% CPU). An example of such an offending todo entry is:

I can't reproduce that. The entry loads fine, but it isn't shown
correctly in the todo view because of the line break. But KOrganizer
doesn't hang.

> Is this a bug in korganizer and are line breaks allowed in the
> summary line? Or do I have to replace the \n from the summary line in
> my todo/calendar conduit?

Maybe it's best to replace the line breaks in the conduit.