List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] new kaddressbook printing stuff commited
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-01 17:13:34

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 12:06:06AM +0100, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Saturday 30 November 2002 13:50, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Anders,

<schnipp>
> As for the need of seperate widgets if we choose to provide an alternative
> interface for printing, it means
> * in the wizard each page can only have _one_ concept/setting (setting four
> fonts is ok, setting one font and colors is not: fonts and colors are
> different concepts).
> * in a wizard, the controls are completed with helping text and graphics
> * in a normal dialog, each page can haveseveral concepts/settings
Hmm, but having many pages in the wizard isn't a good solution as well,
even with 'finished' buttons everywhere IMHO.

Whats about moving the configure-printing-option stuff to the general
kaddressbook configure dialog. There you can create/remove/edit print
profiles. In the printing wizard you get only _one_ page where you can
select one of these profiles. We could provide 1 or 2 default printing
profiles for the beginning.

Ciao,
Tobias
--