List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kaddressbook: featurebarwidget
From:       Anders Lund <anders.lund () lund ! tdcadsl ! dk>
Date:       2002-11-30 1:46:26

On Friday 29 November 2002 22:47, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 06:52:28PM +0100, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Hi Tobias,
>
> Hi Anders,
>
> > I wonder if it wouldn't be nice to add show/hide slots to the
> > featurebarwidget class, that gets called by the view manager when
> > a feature is shown or hidden.
>
> <schnipp>
>
> > I have added a ViewManager *viewManager() method to FeatureBarWidget,
> > I assume that is all right?
>
> Good idea. Please commit these changes.

Ty Tobias :)

I have comitted the ViewManager *viewManager() method.

For the others, I'm not sure it is really nessecary, having this code in
show() and hide() is OK as long as those gets called [by the view manager]
when the display changes.

I would like to change ViewManager::showFeatures( id ) though, since it
hide()s all feature bars. Why not just

    if ( mCurrentFeatureBarWidget )
      mCurrentFeatureBarWidget->hide();

instead of

    FeatureBarWidget *wdg;
    for ( wdg = mFeatureBarWidgetList.first(); wdg; wdg =
mFeatureBarWidgetList.next() )
      wdg->hide();

??

Connecting/disconnecting the feature bars is good though, esp the quickedit is
emitting a lot of signals indicating it is working when hidden...

-anders