List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] 3.1_rc2 kpilot conduits
From:       Jason Smith <jhs_bkk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-22 22:25:22

Hi.

I've been using KDE pim for some time, and I just got a Palm m505; and now I'm
playing with kpilot as packaged with the 3.1_rc2 release.  KPilot's low-level
functionality seems to be working quite well, but the conduits feel only
partially complete.

Here are some problems I see:
1) The addressbook conduit does not prompt upon conflicting KDE-pilot entries.
Nor does it seem to consistantly follow the 'handheld overrides' or
'addressbook overrides' options for that matter.  Furthermore, every time I
conflict behavior.
2) I set the KOrganizer calendar conduit conflict option to 'ask,' but I see
no prompts on conflicting appointments.  Rather, they seem to coexist on the
pilot and in the addressbook.
3) The mail conduit does not seem to perform any function whatsoever.

Do we have a hope of a working handheld integration system for 3.1?  Thoughts?

Thanks much.

(BTW, I'm using the Gentoo 1.4 kde 3.1_rc2 source.)

--
Jason Smith