List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] sharing the calendar in memory data-structures
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-19 22:43:26

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 22:45, tomas pospisek wrote:
> Integrating karm with korganizer could be done by using the same
> calendar class and adding the data into the same structure.

I think the main benefit would already be achieved by using the same
format (by using the same library) to store the data. That would mean
that data becomes interchangable.

> Is there a way to be working on the same data in _memory_? Otherways
> karm will have to maintain it's own calendar data and maybe sync them
> with korganizer. It'd be nicer to have both programms operate on the
> same "in memory data".

If KArm and Korganizer run in the same process (i.e. Kaplan) this
shouldn't be a big problem. But if they run separately I think they
have to synchronize via a file. I'm not sure, if it would be desirable
to store the KArm data in the same file as the standard calendar. Maybe
it's better to separate this anyway. Mechanisms for file syncing will
be added after 3.1 (i.e. the new Resource framework).