List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] korg - wish list item
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-06 14:34:13

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 19:46, Duane Ellis wrote:

> 	To help "summerize" or "group" my time
> 	over the timesheet period, I'd like to
> 	optionally add some pre-deteremined chunk
> 	of text to the start of the summery.

With KOrganizer 3.1 it is possible to use templates for events which contain
prefilled fields. If you really want this information as part of the summary
you could set up corresponding templates.

> 	In effect this might well be thought of
> 	as a sub catagory.

Are you aware of the fact that you can set more than one category? I don't
think there is a need for real sub categories.

My suggestion for solving your problem (you did say you would write code,
didn't you? ;-):

Write a plugin which offers an additional dialog where you can select a time
range, a combination of categories or other search criteria and the
parameters for generating the time summary.

Then write some code, which actually does the summary and creates an output in
your favourite format (text, HTML, XML, email, whatever). It might be
possible to share some code with karm here.

This shouldn't be too much work and would be a very nice addition to
Korganizer.