List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] korg - wish list item
From:       Duane Ellis <duane_ellis () franklin ! com>
Date:       2002-11-05 18:46:30

Hi, I've been using Korganizer for a little while now.

I'd like to know if this is already on a wish list
if not - is this something that others are looking
for as I'm very willing to add this feature my self
and submit it.

My problem is this:

Every 2 weeks I have to submit a time sheet
that summerizes my hours so that my time can
be billed back to various departments and projects.

I'm using Korganizer to keep track of appointments
and other things. All of this information I need
to create my time sheet is already in Korganizer.

I don't want to use yet another program to
track and submit my time sheet or timecard.

It just needs to solve two problems:

Problem #1

	When I choose "PRINT" the appointment
	book does not summerize how long each
	appointment was for.  In effect this is the
	time I need to BILL the various department
	or project. Right now - i have to figure
	this out by hand {it sucks}

	But... See #2

Problem #2

	To help "summerize" or "group" my time
	over the timesheet period, I'd like to
	optionally add some pre-deteremined chunk
	of text to the start of the summery.

	With that 'prefix' I could summerize or
	total the time spent on behalf of various
	projects or departments.

	Note that I'm already using the catagory
	field for it's itended purpose -

	(I don't want to report time spent at
	my sons soccer game on my time sheet!)

	In effect this might well be thought of
	as a sub catagory.

I propose the following changes/enhancements:
(which I'll do my self and submit)

  a) In the "Preferences" "View" screen
     add a button to enable "Summery Prefix"
     and a means to add new ones.

  b) If SUMMERY PREFIX is TRUE
     then in the new event window
     add a combo-box or something that
     holds the list of standard prefixes.

  c) In the FILE PRINT menu, add an additional
     item that says "Time Sheet" view

     that summerizes the time spent over
     the period requested.

  d) Add an item to the "Preferences"