List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] AllDay Events lasting multiple days / wrong label placement (patch)
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-03 1:53:38

On Saturday 02 November 2002 21:10, Martin Koller wrote:

> I found korganizer having a problem with displaying the summary text
> in an allday event, if I'm watching only some of those days in the
> agenda, e.g. I have a vacation event lasting 5 days (Mo - Fr). When I
> now select only Moday to be shown, I cant see the summary text,
> because the text is centered along the whole 5 days (the koagendaitem
> is using 5 days for the width, but I see only 1 day).

We had a discuiion about that a while ago. Perhaps you should check out
the mailing list archives.

> Therefore I made a small patch, which would solve that problem (the
> event is limited in its width with the days shown), in
> koagendaview.cpp fillAgenda()
>
>       if (event->doesFloat()) {
>         if (event->recurrence()->doesRecur()) {
>
> mAllDayAgenda->insertAllDayItem(event,currentDate,curCol,curCol); }
> else {
> // modified code starts here
>           if ( (beginX <= 0 && curCol == 0) || (beginX == curCol) ) {
>             if ( beginX < 0 ) beginX = 0;
>             if ( endX > (mSelectedDates.count() - curCol - 1)) endX =
> (mSelectedDates.count() - curCol - 1);
>
> mAllDayAgenda->insertAllDayItem(event,currentDate,beginX,endX); }
>
> Do you think that's OK?

This doesn't work, if you move the event with the mouse. In addition to
that it gives the wrong impression of the start and end of the event,
because it shows a border of the item at the ends of the shown period
and not at the real end of the event.

> Sorry to not attach a patch diff file, but with the last patch I sent
> (Todos in agenda) I already have a lot of changes in that file...

There are two solutions to that problem:
- Save the changes as a patch with "cvs diff" and recheckout the current
version from CVS ("cvs up -C").
- Check out the current code from CVS to a separate directory.