List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] How to compile new added files and i18n
From:       Carlos Moro <cfmoro () correo ! uniovi ! es>
Date:       2002-10-31 12:24:20

Hi

On Thursday 31 October 2002 07:21, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> I don't know anything about the artuitecture of KDE so I immitate the same
> system of hijri calendar - the same set of files - for Jalali calendar and
> now time for compilation, but I have no idea how can I implement my sources
> to get compiled by make . help me plaease!

The files are included for compilation in calendarsystem/Makefile.am :
	-add your .cpp files to libkcalsystem_la_SOURCES

To test Jalali calendar, you can modify KCalendarSystemFactory to be able to
obtain the specific calendar given the string 'jalali'  and calendar3.cpp to
show it... When you have tested the files, could you please send them to me?
I'm preparing an important patch to be commited after the 3.1 release... so
we could include first jalali support ;)... Please, tell me about any doubt,
problem, etc... dealing with the library and its development.

I propose a small plan to get calendarsystem more stable and improve its
design (after the 3.1 release and the future patch). There are new changes in
kcalendarsystem and full base korganizer is finished (there's no support for
plugins yet):

	1. Test that KOrganizer works properly in all its features and views using
the library.
	2. Then, we maybe could pass another development cicle to the library. Bugs,
design questions (redundancies, optimizations, new useful functions),
implementation questions (any c++ fixes, references, *, etc...), more
ideas...
        3. Adapt korganizer to the changes in library
        4. Future plans....

> Another question faced when i read the source of hijri calendar.Shouldn't
> we use the i18n features in these calendars?

Sure, that support might be added.

Best regards

carlos