List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] user fields in Addressbook conduit
From:       "Reinhold F. Kainhofer" <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 9:24:57

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

> Hi guys, I have noted that KOrganizer can import birthdays from addressbook,
> but the addressbook conduit for Kpilot doesn't support syncing user fields,
> what do I mean?,

Well, the conduit supports syncing custom fields, only it doesn't let
the use decide where the custom fields are stored. Currently, all custom
fields are stored to vCard entries X-KPilot-Custom[1234]. So, if you
erase the palm addressbook, all your custom fields will be restored, but
there is no desktop app that can make use of it right now, that's true.

Reinhold