List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] the goal of kaplan
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-30 5:56:16

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 09:50, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> yes. once kmail has virtual folders (they are in development) then
> we can do things like show a contact with all the email
> correspondence with them. very nice and powerful.

Actually I got this working before I left. For instance I have one
Search Folder showing all kde-cvs commits containing the word 'kmail'
in the subject and another showing 'kaddressbook' commits. (These
folders are updated dynamically when I retrieve new mail or move it
delete it etc).

I've only really been using it productively since I got back yesterday
but actually I'm quite liking it already.

But there are bugs (the unread count is incorrect for virtual folders
and search folders only work when they are top level folders), and
limitations (only the search criteria in the search dialog can be
used, so no show all messages with status important Search Folder
yet, which is something I would like).

Don.